Friday, July 22, 2011

blog 4.3


I liked the concept and story line of our game. Even though it had similar characteristics, our idea was different from any of the RTS games on the market today. It used plant/ animal hybrids, which I think would probably be the most interesting aspect of the game. I think our presentation went decently. I think the mechanics of the game could have been explained better. I think our presentation of the mechanics was too vague. If we made them more specific it would be easier to understand. I also think the objectives were not explained enough. If we had more visual elements, I think the class would have had a better picture of our game. I think the goals were well explained. In RTS games the goals are very simple; you start off with a set amount of resources, you build a base/army, and then you invade your opponents to obtain more resources. The more resources your faction has, the more powerful they will be. I think the most difficult aspect to describe were the objectives of the game. Our game was very detailed and the objectives just were not explained as well as they should have been. There were some aspects to the game, like the characters, that made sense to us but did not make sense to the class. But despite that, I think our presentation went fairly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment